Home Insurance

InsureBC offers a variety of insurance packages to cover your home and personal possessions, whether you reside in an apartment, a condominium or a house. Curious what your insurance will cost? Get your free quote now.


As the strata corporation is responsible for placing proper insurance on the building itself, the policy limit on the Condominium package must enable you to replace all of your personal belongings in the event of a total loss. Also, special aspects of owning a condominium require that you ensure proper coverage for condo-related coverages:

  • Unit Improvement and Betterments
  • Contingent Loss Assessment (common areas)
  • Unit Loss Assessment (your unit)
  • Liability Loss Assessment
  • To cover the Strata deductible

We can also provide coverage for the strata-titled building, whether it is a duplex or a large complex.


As a tenant, your landlord's insurance for the building does not protect you against loss of or damage to YOUR contents by accidental fire, theft or other perils. A Tenant's insurance policy can provide the peace of mind that you will have the means to replace valuables or perhaps start anew should a catastrophe occur.


Often a person's most expensive purchase is the home in which they live, so having the proper limits in place to rebuild your home in the event of a total loss is vital. We can calculate the current rebuilding cost of your home using an industry accepted method based on costs obtained from contractors and appraisers.

All of our Homeowners packages automatically include an amount for Detached Outbuildings, your Personal Property, Additional Living Expenses and Personal Liability.

Automatic Coverages:

  • "Guaranteed Replacement Cost" for the building, as long as your home qualifies
  • Full Replacement Cost (new for old) on your Personal Property so your limit must reflect the value to replace all of your Contents in the event of a total loss; Residence Inventory Forms are available at any of our offices
  • Personal Liability for bodily injury or property damage to a third party, at home and away; for example, if, as a tenant, you caused a fire at your rented premises and were to be found negligent, the building owner's insurance could sue you personally for damages

Options Include:

  • Home Based Business Endorsement
  • Earthquake
  • Sewer Backup
  • Identity Theft
  • Umbrella Liability
  • Jewellery, Furs and other valuables
  • Prized collections

We also insure

  • Seasonal Properties
  • Rental Properties
  • Mobile Homes
  • Personal Watercraft


Start a Quote

Personal Insurance